Where to stay in the centre of Windsor?
Goswell House is a central Windsor Hotel or Guest House as some like to call it. We have 16 guest bedrooms that are all en-suite with bathtub and shower. We have a breakfast room where you can help yourself to a self-service continental breakfast for £6.50 per head, booked in advance. You cannot get much more central in Windsor than Goswell House. We are located on a cobbled pedestrian street that runs from Peascod Street to Windsor Royal Station - an area of town which is where some of the nicer restaurants, bars and shops are.
We are also really close to Sebastian's Italian Restaurant - in fact they are in the same building as us, with a separate entrance just two doors down. Sebastian's is one of the Windsor locals' favourite town centre restaurants - serving great pizzas and Italian specialities. The food really is excellent - we recommend booking a table as they can get very busy. They have an authentic wood-fired oven for the pizzas and do an excellent Gamberoni prawns in a tomato sauce with garlic bread!
Being a Windsor Hotel in the centre of town it is very vibrant. Bars are buzzing and you can sit and people-watch if that takes your fancy! There may be some noise from the bars and clubs down Goswell Hill so request a room on the top floor if you are a light sleeper!
Tips on booking the best hotel in Windsor
1. Always look up the hotel address and check how close it is to local attractions, restaurants, cafes, takeaway food, shops and train stations.
2. Check if it has air conditioning and your own heating controls - in the unpredictable weather it's good to know you can make yourself comfortable at any time.
3. Book a room on the top floor if you prefer peace and quiet - lower floors tend to be noisier although we have recently installed super new secondary glazing that reduces outside noise by up to 80%
4. Book direct on the hotel website - it's always cheaper to book direct as other sites like Booking.com mark up prices
5. Leave your luggage on check out so you can explore the town!
6. Read reviews from other travellers so you know what to expect.
7. Not every hotel suits every traveller so if you have some specific requirements (eg mobility) then request a room on a lower floor
Central Windsor Hotels are ideal if you want to be within walking distance of Windsor Castle, the river Thames, both train stations (Windsor Central and Windsor & Eton Riverside) and the many great places to shop, eat and visit. All of our hotel rooms are en-suite with bath and shower and the rooms are tastefully decorated with cosy beds and linens, comfy towels and a workdesk / dressing table and chair. The rooms all have air conditioning and their own heaters that you can control. So if the weather is hot or cold you'll always be comfortable. Being in the heart of town centre is exciting - there is always plenty going on from the changing of the guard to a boat trip on the river - you'll have lots to do to keep yourself amused.
If you are searching for Windsor Hotels then Goswell House is one of the more conveniently located hotels in Windsor.